- Position papers
- Employment | Labour Markets
- View on on Commission White Paper “An Agenda for Adequate, Safe and Sustainable Pensions”
2012 View on on Commission White Paper “An Agenda for Adequate, Safe and Sustainable Pensions”
Concerns reflected in the White Paper are broadly shared across Europe. Ceemet agrees that well-functioning pension systems are extremely important to the stability of public finances and that pension reforms may be necessary. However Ceemet does not support all the solutions outlined by the European Commission and strongly questions the initiatives in the field of occupational pensions announced in the White Paper.
Ceemet key messages
- Pension systems differ greatly across Europe.
- Different rules for different products.
- No one-size-fits-all solution.