- Position papers
- Education & Training
- Ceemet view on the future of Vocational Education & Training (VET)
2018 Ceemet view on the future of Vocational Education & Training (VET)
As employers of the Metal, Engineering & Technology-based industries, representing the biggest manufacturing industry in Europe, Ceemet is convinced that a good education policy including excellent Vocational Education and Training (VET), that meets the labour market needs is also key to an effective and sustainable social policy. With this paper, Ceemet seeks to actively shape the future of VET.
PDF - 364 K
Ceemet key messages
Vocational Education & Training (VET) systems in Europe should:
- Get the recognition for what it is: a first-class training choice that leads to quality employment;
- Guarantee excellence by ensuring that VET programmes are demand-led, practice-oriented, flexible and responsive;
- Be characterised by reinforced cooperation between industry and VET providers
- Foster the permeability between different educational pathways, including VET and speed up the transition to customized learning in order to increase its attractiveness;
- Be promoted by easily accessible educational and vocational career guidance that is free from gender stereotypes involving (VET) schools, including teachers, and industry.
- Guarantee excellent Excellent Initial Vocational Education and Training (IVET) and support Continuous Vocational Education and Training (CVET).