- Position papers
- Joint Positions
- Ceemet & ORGALIME statement ahead of EU Council
2013 Ceemet & ORGALIME statement ahead of EU Council
The EU Council is set to pave the way on how to move forward to achieve the 20% of GDP industrial share target, proclaimed by the Commission Communication “A Stronger European Industry for Growth and Economic Recovery”. Ceemet and ORGALIME refer to its joint Manifesto to achieve the objectives.
PDF - 97 K
Ceemet & ORGALIME joint messages
- We believe that the results of this European Council must be to outline a programme which will lead to attracting companies to invest more in Europe, to build the factories of the future and thereby create new jobs here in Europe.
- The focus of the European Council must be on making industrial policy the core policy of the EU rather than one of a string of what have turned out to be failing policies, which have progressively undermined the will and capacity of manufacturing companies to invest in the EU.
- Ceemetand ORGALIME, believe that its industrial sector, which represents the largest manufacturing sector in Europe, with over 200,000 companies and an annual turnover of more than 2,700 billion €, directly employing 13 million people, is at the heart of the transition towards a stronger and greener European economy through the technologies, equipment and systems which our companies produce for their clients in all sectors of the economy.
- Ceemet and ORGALIME agree with the Commission’s statement in the updated Industrial Policy Communication that, in a fast changing world, if the EU wants to maintain its position as one of the world’s leading economic blocs, it must provide the right framework conditions capable of attracting companies to invest in Europe. The decline by 0.4% to 15.2% of contribution of manufacturing to EU GDP in 2012 shows that swift and decisive action is necessary.